Reviewing the new blog features

As someone who builds a lot on his own work, I rely heavily on links back to previous blog entries. I discovered today that many of those links are now actually stale! They refer to impenetrable bookmark numbers that when followed, lead me to the wrong blog posts. Not only is that a disservice to my readers (when I get any) but also to me this long after the fact. It's not so bad when the text for the link mentions the blog entry by name because I can search for that. But when I merely use a word like "elsewhere" to refer to one of my previous articles it helps me not at all! I just fixed up the links in the entry for De Officiis by Cicero, but there are doubtless others there as well to do.

There is also a handy stats section to give me some feedback on who is visiting the site when. I see I got a visit from someone searching for a summary of Cicero's De Officiis. I do not actually provide any article with such a summary. But my titular article about that book came up on the second page of the search when I ran it. I reread the article and clicked on my links to refresh my memory about what I had said. That was when I was dismayed to discover that some of those links are now stale, even though they are internal references. The only other search string there was "The Kantian Idea", but when I entered that into Google, no entry of mine appeared in the first ten pages of search! Next I tried searching for the exact phrase. That time I got the entry on my counterexample to the Kantian idea of moral worth, and fortunately all of its links were intact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Philosophy of Al Qaeda

Am I a reductive or non-reductive naturalist?

Commensurability 5.0