Discovery of the Google Toolbar

This is the first time that I have posted a blog entry on this site. I am doing it only because of the Blog entry button on the Google Toolbar I have just installed onto my I.E. I used this button because I often write thoughtful diary entries about web pages I have visited. It seems logical that I would want a place where I can get feedback for my comments. I have sometimes read other blogger's comments about web pages, and I find them very helpful. It encourages commentary and discussion of the material on the web, making the web that much richer a repository and catalyst of knowledge and wisdom.

I started a blog on this site ages ago, but never did anything with it because I ended up on another journal website. That's okay, though, because this site gives me a better forum to express my opinions on various issues. Most of them I expect will be provoked in some way by content that I find on the web, to which I will post links in my entries.

I knew before today that the Google Toolbar existed, but I thought that it was just to facilitate Google searches. It was when I discovered that it actually contained a PageRank indicator that I became interested in it. I am quite fascinated by Google's PageRank, as it seems such a reliable way to separate the wheat from the chaff on the Web.

I am disappointed that the Google Toolbar isn't available for Linux. Google use 10,000 Linux servers and don't provide Linux support for their helper apps?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Philosophy of Al Qaeda

Am I a reductive or non-reductive naturalist?

Commensurability 5.0