Notes on Commensurability 3.0

OK, I now have a permanent link on the right hand side to my account of commensurability. Anybody who visits the page can be taken to it at any time, and know that they will be getting the very latest version.

The current version is a major revision of commensurability, so its new version number is 3.0. Major revision from 2.1 has been the rollback to six levels of commensurability. I convinced myself after formalising the representation of the account that the bottom two levels still made sense. I am now much clearer about what a level 1 claim is, so that a claim like "The moon is made of green cheese" can indeed be at level 1, but not necessarily so. If both sides agree that it is false, then it is on level 1, but if both sides disagree on the matter, then it can (must) be at a lower level. More can be said about this yet, but I'll save it for another entry.

I note that the spacing is very wide in the entry. Unfortunately, there's not a lot that I can do about it without delving into the HTML to a level that is currently beyond my capabilities. But if anybody has any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment... as always!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Philosophy of Al Qaeda

Am I a reductive or non-reductive naturalist?

Commensurability 5.0