Back to Friesianism

What does the previous section entail for the empirical theory of ethics?

Maybe it obviates the need for an empirical theory of ethics yet again. Maybe I have no need to pursue an empirical theory of ethics if a Kantian rationale will give me the results I want, without the self-sacrifice.

Couldn't it have done that back in the days when you were originally arguing with those idiots from your science fiction club?

I simply had no confidence that I would be any happier to practise a Kantian theory than I would a utiltiarian theory. Especially the way Kant talks about his own theory, it sounds as though it too would entail untold self-sacrifice. Now that I have written this morning's entry, however, maybe that is simply not so.

That's corroboration with the Friesian website, then, so perhaps you should simply go back to reading more of those articles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Philosophy of Al Qaeda

Am I a reductive or non-reductive naturalist?

Rational Conlangs