Capitalism Definition, by Henk Tuten

I want to flesh out more how the industrial revolution brought about capitalism.

A Google search for "industrial revolution capitalism" reveals this page by Henk Tuten. He seems quite the amateur, but I have included him because he is obviously onto the same kind of idea that I am, that capitalism represented a cultural paradigm shift. I should still read his whole page, if only so I know my competition.

I just mix both ideas into one total view.

Oh my God, he's here talking about combining Popper and Kuhn just like I am, so maybe I can learn from him after all. Popper for him represents the thesis as continuity, as in the continuity of scientific progress. Kuhn, on the other hand, represents the antithesis as discontinuity, as in the periodical discontinuity of the scientific revolution. Tuten, on the other hand, is going to attempt to present a synthesis of these two views on this page--can't hardly wait!

OK, that article was so painful I can't believe I read the whole thing. His view of capitalism as a paradigm shift is really emphasising more the transition from romantic thought to rational thought, and from many truths of feeling to one truth of reason. Therefore, he regards capitalism and communism as two sides of the same coin, both originating from Karl Marx, and both highly rationalistic. Needless to say, I do not think that there is anything to this article. This is like the time when the external reviewer was trying to tell me that Peter Winch was relevant to my work, when the man was a Wittgensteinian linguistic relativist, only peripheral to my own work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Philosophy of Al Qaeda

Am I a reductive or non-reductive naturalist?

Rational Conlangs